This website is owned and operated by Deeside Railway Company Ltd. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments on or complaints about our website, please email us at
These terms and conditions cover the use of the website of Deeside Railway Company Ltd. to purchase Goods, Tickets and Other Services.
The contract between us
We must receive payment in full for the items that you order before your order can be accepted.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Deeside Railway Company Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all items have been fairly described.
Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point on which you submit your payment details during the ordering process.
The prices payable for items that you order are as set out in our website. All prices are inclusive of VAT, as applicable, at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be sent by email to or to our contact address as shown on the home page. All notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time..
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
ONLINE TICKET PURCHASE AND OTHER SERVICES
To arrange private charters, see the 'Charters' page of this website.
Confirmation of Purchase
For these items, confirmation of purchase is provided by the website itself and by email. There is no physical component of delivery. You should print the confirmation received at your computer and bring it to the Railway on the relevant date. Failure to bring a print-out with you may mean a delay whilst your booking is verified.
Whilst every effort will be made to maintain train and other services, the Deeside Railway Company Ltd. reserves the right to alter, suspend or cancel services in whole or part without further notice. In particular, we may need to substitute diesel for steam. For the latest published information, please browse our website or telephone 01330 844416. No liability can be accepted for any loss or delay.
Refunds or Exchanges of Tickets
Refunds or exchanges of tickets for any reason will only be considered up to 3 (three) calendar days prior to the booked date of use and will be subject to the discretion of the Duty Officer. Please send details of the desired refund or exchange to . Any change will be subject to an administration fee of 5 per order. Any resulting payment will be processed via the same credit/debit card as used in the original order..
PURCHASE OF GOODS
Confirmation of Purchase
Confirmation of purchase is provided by the website itself and by email. You may wish to print a copy of the confirmation received at your computer for your reference.
Delivery charges vary according to the type of goods ordered and cannot be refunded.
1. You will be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. The cost of delivery is calculated based on the products that you add to your basket.
2. We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (unless this is caused by our negligence).
3. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
Risk and ownership
Risk of damage to or loss of the goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you, or if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we tried to deliver. You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Goods supplied are not for resale.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of your goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. However, you will need to notify us if you wish to cancel your contract.
1. If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
2. Do not return any goods to us without contacting us first to obtain a returns authorisation (RA) number. Any good received without a returns authorisation number will not be accepted.
3. Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we will be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
1. We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
2. We do not deliver to your area.
3. One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order.
If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we will have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem, either by email to or to our contact address as shown on the home page, within 30 days of the date on which you ordered the goods..
If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
1. To make good any shortage or non-delivery, or
2. To replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective, or
3. To refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
Both parties shall only be liable under this contract for losses, which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.